Custom Search

Sunday 19 October 2008

Success #1

Well, a little success, anyway.

I emailed loads of people and such like, and the only person to even acknowledge me was - to his credit - my MP, David Borrow (Lab.)

I had received an immediate automated response, promising to look into my query and then heard nothing for weeks. But then a letter popped through my letter box yesterday, and it said this

"Dear Mr _______,

Thank you for your email, the contents of which have been noted.

I am looking into the points you have raised and I have written to Lord David Treasman, the Chairman of the Football Association at the F.A. Headquarters in London. I have asked Lord Treasman to consider the points you have raised in your e-mail and let me have his thoughts on the matter.

I will contact you again as soon as I have more information.

Yours sincerely,

David Borrow MP"

David Borrow MP: Thoroughly nice chap.


Get in!

I had emailed the FA, but obviously they ignored me, so maybe a politician might get some kind of response from them.

Have to say though, good on old Mr Borrow for bothering - I didn't honestly think I was going to get anywhere.

Anyway, I'll post more stuff if I hear anything.

The Pod

4 comments:

CE's GeeBook said...

Hi, emails may not be the best way to get the word out if you are really serious about this.. My daughter has been playing soccer for years now .. and will (I hope) be playing in HS soon. she loves the sport.

If you would like, (seeing as the only way I found you was through a blog roll) to exchange links you would be listed on these 3 site

http://ceseco.blogspot.com/
you can contact via the email listed on the site above on the right side top

http://csbuyersguide.blogspot.com/
http://cegeekbook.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hi, I liked your blog.Interesting.
I have added your blog to my blogroll.
When you are free please add my blog too.

Anonymous said...

Hi, hope you will get a good response to your queries. Wanna exchange link? Thks

. said...

Will be happy to exchange links with you

I already added yours please link back and email me to
mike_business@nana10.co.il

http://hsearch.blogspot.com/